Collector sync error (Android and W10)

08-08-2016 09:01 AM
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

We have a service published in AGOL so we can use it in Collector (10.3). Collecting and editing features via online works fine but trying to sync features (points or lines) collected in offline mode (with or without attachments) it fails the communication with the sever (messages attached).

Some things were tried such as restart service, service only 1 type of geometry, tried to sync only 1 feature, Collector 10.3.7 running on Android 5.1.1 (device Samsung) and Windows 10...

We have AGS (10.3) and SDE stored in MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

Features have global IDs, are registered as versioned, no archiving enabled neither editor tracking.

Have contacted 2 consultants at Esri Portugal who are enrolled with our project but they could not find the problem.

Russell Roberts​ found in GeoNet you could help people with Collector issues, do you have some suggestion for this? Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I no longer work on the Collector product directly but I have fwd'd your issue along to members of the team.

Couple things to check

- What do the debug logs on the server say

- Can you see any error logs in the database.

Cheers

Russ

EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Debug logs on server do not report anything. (Created on purpose error in another service and server returned debug errors in the log related with it).

Can you clarify what should we find as error logs in the db?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Eduardo,

Esri Support would like to help you troubleshoot the reported sync failures using Collector for ArcGIS app issue further. I've created courtesy support case #01815285 so that you can work directly with support analysts familiar with Collector workflows. You will be contacted shortly.

Thank you,

Denise

Denise King | Technical Lead - Apps/Mobile

Esri Support Services

EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Thank you for your attention

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing I did notice... if you are using ArcGIS Server 10.3 you will not be able to make edits and sync them back to the server and using versioned data. Versioned data editing and offline is supported with ArcGIS Server 10.3.1. You can read about the required setup here:

FAQs—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS