Collector shuts down on ipad ios 10.3 when I submit a location. has to be restarted.

03-11-2015 09:21 AM
JeffersonJacobs
New Contributor

When I collect a point and hit submit, it saves it to the device, but then closes collector.  I have to re-open collector and re-open the map to collect each new point.

any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
NathanielClement1
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same issue. I've removed the offending layers - its Imagery based - and don't have the problem of it shutting down. I rebuilt the service and made sure all of the imagery datasets are WMAS then loaded it from our AGS server and added it back to the map but it again closes/crashes. Is there going to be a fix for this in the next patch? Imagery is kind of important for our Collector program.

0 Kudos
AnthonyMaslowicz1
New Contributor

Okay. I just tested without Imagery & it didn’t shut down either. Thanks for catching that. Looking forward to a permanent fix as we too really need the imagery.

NathanielClement1
New Contributor II

I forgot to mention in my original post that I rebuilt the cache tiles using all the WMAS data that I reprojected from the old service. Still no luck. Hopefully there's another work around until this gets fixed. My maps worked fine on the same iPad before I upgraded to 10.3 and the latest iOS update (tested all of this in the same day!).

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We were able to reproduce the crash with the tpk + esri basemap in an offline map when submitting a feature. We have an issue entered with the dev team.

Thanks for reporting this,

Russ

KamalPaudel1
New Contributor II

Thanks Russ!

We have the exact same issue. We need an update/patch to the Collector app as soon as possible. We have some feature services built-in and it is hard to to change them half-way through the data collection, from the sync and data management point of view. If you guys could push the update quickly through your dev team, that would be great.

Thanks,
Kamal

PaulTrudt1
New Contributor II

Hi Russ - thanks for the information in this thread.  We have teams evaluating Collector on iOS who are experiencing the same issue.  Is there an estimate on when this fix would be available?  Should we (or can we) take any further action to help amplify the issue?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are currently investigating the issue. I do not have an exact release date but myself or Morgan will update the thread when we have a release associated with the issue.

Russ

danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

Same problem here, latest ver. of iOS on iPad and it crashes when submit is pressed. I'm using offline map, Collector and server are both ver. 10.3.

The offline map includes:

• a cached map service built using esri basemap tiling scheme also enabled tile exports on the service
  • Feature service is non-versioned SDE feat. classes that have archiving and attachments enabled.

Both the cached map service and feature service are proxied, (added as items to AGOL, service credentials *not* stored with the item).

If I understand correctly, the cached (tiled) map service is causing the crash?

Android works fine.

thanks.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have both esri basemap and your own cached map as map service in a webmap, you will have the crash. Is it the case for you? If your webmap has feature service and only your own cached map service as the basemap, it should be fine.

0 Kudos
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

correct, esri basemap AND cached map service results in offline Collector crash.

I do not know how to create a webmap with only a feature service and my own cached map service, isn't the esri basemap always there in some format, topo, aerial, ect...?? How do you remove the esri basemap?

0 Kudos