Collector seems to remember secure service login

07-29-2015 07:08 AM
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm using ArcGIS Collector, connecting to Portal (and therefore Server), that has maps with secured feature services.  Portal is not federated (nor do I want it to be).

The users login to Portal within Collector (this gets saved from this point on and that is fine).  When they open a particular map, they get prompted to login, using the ArcGIS Server credentials, due to the secured feature services therein.  However, I've noticed that it doesn't always prompt for the Server credentials, and as far as I can tell, it should always.  It seems to save these credentials as well, at least until I switch accounts...to say AGO and back again.

I don't believe it is the length of the token lifespan (a day at most) because when I opened a map Collector this morning it didn't prompt me for my login and I haven't been in Collector in weeks.

I have multiple users using the same devices for Collecting data, with editor tracking enabled, so I need it to prompt each time it is opened but it isn't.  Any ideas what the issue could be here?

Let me know if you need further information. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any input regarding this?  I'm still seeing the same issue

0 Kudos
MarkLund
New Contributor III

We are using AGOL with secured services and are experiencing the exact same issue.  We have the same problem with regards to multiple users on the same devices and the editor tracking enabled.  I also haven't seen anything from ESRI regarding this issue and I'm assuming it's another of the vast number of "bugs" within Collector. 

0 Kudos