Collector only showing basemaps in Manage screen

Jump to solution
10-19-2015 09:50 AM
TomKearns
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to delete a synched map from my tablet but when I go to manage only the basemaps are shown with no option to delete.  If I go to maps, in the upper left hand corner nothing shows.  I have closed collector and re-opened it.  When that did not work I deleted the data, cash and uninstalled the app (which did not delete the data - still showed sync option, not download).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomKearns

Turning the device completely off and back on allowed the deletion of the map with no problems.

Worked for both systems. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

I've seen this too, though not that severe.. is this on Android? It would be good for you to report this through any avenues you have in to Esri to get it bumped up the priority list.

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Tom,

Pete has a good point, is this Android or iOS? What version is Collector currently at? How many different named users do you have signed into Collector? Which user are you logged into Collector as, and is this the same user that downloaded the maps you are trying to delete? A named user should have the ability to manage all maps that they downloaded, but will not have access to the maps other named users have downloaded. Please let us know what is going on with named users on this device.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

We've seen this on the latest Android version of Collector on a new Nexus 9 device with one named user - a few kills and restarts of the app have usually sorted it for us.

0 Kudos
TomKearns

Android-  Nexus 7, and Samsung (unknown model - out of the office)

Collector 10.3 - using esri hosted maps.

There is 1 named user, me, also an administrator on the online side (shouldn't matter).  Same user who downloaded the map.

I found it interesting that even with a complete data delete from the app settings and with an uninstall and re-install of the app that the downloaded maps were still present.  I am guessing it is a hanging-lock type of situation but would still like to get all the data off the devices to free up memory. 

0 Kudos
TomKearns

Turning the device completely off and back on allowed the deletion of the map with no problems.

Worked for both systems. 

TomKearns

Still interested in finding a way to verify the app takes all of it's data with it when removed/deleted from the device.

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

Have you tried looking for and deleting the ArcGIS_Collector folder through your device's file manager? (There might be a folder named something like ArcGISApp too?)

TomKearns

No but when I get a chance I will check that out, thanks.

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

On the device there will be a folder called offline_data (in Android this can be found by connecting your device to a computer and navigating to SAMSUNG\Phone\ArcGIS_Collector\offline_data). This should contain your downloaded basemaps (shared between named users) and separate folders for each named user. Each downloaded map will reside in the user's folder under its item ID from ArcGIS Online or Portal.

So at a data management level, it is possible to clean this up, although I would recommend first trying to manage your downloaded data through Collector.

If this is a persistent issue, are you able to contact Esri Support Services to investigate further? The inability to access downloaded maps for your named user is something I think we would like to take a closer look at.

-Scott

0 Kudos