collector offline no maps

05-22-2022 04:26 PM
TimPaice
New Contributor

Hi,

I could previously use offline basemaps but now after adding an offline area , it downloads successfully but I get a message " no maps - maps will appear here when they are created or shared with you". Have tried multiple devices but same message

running tablet android V10 and collector 20.2.2 build 2960 

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimPaice
New Contributor

...  further, all maps download to device OK, they have editable layers with a point type and text type.

I can use the maps in collector when online conventionally (add and edit points collected).

However I still get the error "no maps - maps will appear here when they are created or shared with you" after successfully downloaded to my device.

Im the author/creator of the maps , have shared with my group also. Logging into collector as myself or as the group account still produces the error. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong, but it has worked in the past .

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
kenardoni
New Contributor

The way that the documentation states that Field Maps and Collector should work is that there can be specified downloaded map areas for use when there is no web connection, but when there is a connection, however, the full maps are available.

That is not what is happening for me. Once I enable "offline mode" on my map, there seems to be no going back. I can download offline areas just fine, but there is no full map when I do have a connection. Even worse – I try to get out of it by turning off offline mode in the map, and this affects nothing.

Advice?

0 Kudos