Collector (offline) my own basemap all country

01-28-2016 08:49 PM
MarcoAmaya2
New Contributor III

I want to use my own basemap with ArcGIS Collector offline.  I understand the .tpk process but the problem is that it is a imgs of an entire country.

and I will be using around 450 tablets. I can not be loading .tpk files on each tablet.

I need to create my own basemap because ESRI  images are very outdated in most of the areas to be visited

regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marco,

I would recommend creating a tiled cache in ArcGIS Online from the IMGs.  The following article will walk you through how you can do this:

Publish a Tiled Service to ArcGIS Online w/o ArcGIS for Server or Utilizing Your Credits

You can then add the tiled service as a basemap to the web map, and it will be accessible to all devices for offline editing.

MarcoAmaya2
New Contributor III

hello

i tried that and with AGOL it works but with my Arcgis Server does't , i'm using Arcgis for server 10.2 ,do you think that can be the trouble? i dont wat to use AGOL because the cache size maybe it will be like a 1TB

Thanks

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You will need at least ArcGIS Server version 10.2.2 to create an offline basemap for Collector.

0 Kudos