Collector offline error message

03-26-2019 04:25 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a Collector user out in the field using an offline web map featuring an ArcGIS online hosted feature class. He has been using this successfully but is now getting the following error messages "Abort due to constraint violation" and "Unable to open the database file - Create virtual table for selection failed" when he tries to collect a point.  It seems to be intermittent. It is now allowing him to collect a point but not delete a point. I have not been able to replicate the error with his login on my device. He has tried to remove the map from his device and download again and it has not solved the problem.

14 Replies
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

This would be unfortunate if this same intermittent error is occurring on iOS version of new Collector. Carl, could you provide more details to see if this is the same issue? A screenshot or exact verbiage would be nice along with circumstances when the error occurred.

We had two field crews that were plagued by this error this past field season (Android, current version of Collector, 18.0.3). I submitted a support ticket, but due to the intermittent nature of this issue, we didn't get anywhere. I've experienced the error personally once, but have not been able to recreate it. I've literally spent hours downloading offline maps, creating features, and removing the map in hopes of the error happening to me again. I wasn't entirely pleased with support's troubleshooting logic, so just closed the ticket. I asked for a version of Collector with logging enabled (something that is available on the current iOS version), but they thought it made more sense to recreate the feature service and use process of elimination to try and find what was causing the error. But since the error is so hard to recreate, I didn't think we were going to get anywhere with their approach.

I was hopeful that this would just disappear when Aurora for Android gets out of Beta, but now I'm a little worried with this latest news from Carl.

Ronald Vanderpool, did you make any changes? Just curious if there's a reason why you haven't seen it pop up lately.

Edit: One thing I should add is that the 'abort due to constraint violation' error is normally preceded by an 'unable to open file database' error.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Greetings Jimmy.

The only change we made on our end for field workers was to remove the Android Collector Beta and use the old Android Collector. I was confident that we were safe until Carl had his issues on an iOS. Fingers are crossed around here because the support was not what I expected, very similar to what you experienced. Too many versions of Android and iOS operating systems out there and if units are not updated regularly then who knows. Also if they are updated and the Collector app is not set to interface with the new OS versions then there we go again. Scary business, but it is about Halloween so scary is expected..........HaHaHa

0 Kudos
DaveSelvidge
New Contributor III

I'm receiving the error: "Unable to Submit -Abort due to constraint violation"

I just set up a map for collector using the ArcGIS Blog titled "Make your first Collector map". I went out and collected a few features and came back in to check the results. Everything worked as planned. I went back out and collected a path - worked well. Finally I attempted to collect an area (the building perimeter) and after pressing the "Submit" button I received the error. 

•  I was attempting to use online
  • Only happened when submitting a polygon
  •  The only thing different that I noticed was that my phone had connected to the Wifi and wasn't using the data anymore.  ** I'm confident this is the issue for me. As you can see my accuracy is extremely degraded. 

Unable to Submit

I know this isn't the exact issue everyone else is having but hopefully it will help someone somewhere.

EDIT: As you can see, I'm using the new Collector app for iOS.

0 Kudos
RaquelBensadoun
New Contributor II

Has anyone found a resolution to this? One of my field inspectors received this error for the first time today - they have been using the same application for nearly 9 months with no changes to the schema or layer.

0 Kudos
ColinMurray1
New Contributor II

One of my field staff has also received this error but my other staff in the same area has not. I worked again only after removing and downloading the map again. Would have been annoying if there was no cellular service.

0 Kudos