Collector not allowing me to take a picture

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 09:57 AM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

I am kind of new to using Collector so my question might seem basic, but I have a webmap with a feature class that has a raster field for inserting photos.  When I open it in Collector and try to add a feature, it allows me to enter all of the data except it doesn't have any way for me to take and add a picture.  How do I get the photo to work?

Basically, I am trying to get an easy way to collect roadside tree data by taking a picture of a tree and adding basic information about the tree (dbh, species, condition).

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinJohnston

I figured out the answer.  I had to go into my arcgisonline account, open the webmap with the feature class, open the feature class, and in the bottom right there was a selector button to "enable attachments".  I turned that on, closed the map in Collector, re-opened the map, then the button to take a photo was there when editing or collecting new features.  Now I just need to figure out how to get the photos back from Collector into ArcGIS Online and then into ArcGIS Pro.  I have a different thread for that.

Cheers,

Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JustinJohnston

I figured out the answer.  I had to go into my arcgisonline account, open the webmap with the feature class, open the feature class, and in the bottom right there was a selector button to "enable attachments".  I turned that on, closed the map in Collector, re-opened the map, then the button to take a photo was there when editing or collecting new features.  Now I just need to figure out how to get the photos back from Collector into ArcGIS Online and then into ArcGIS Pro.  I have a different thread for that.

Cheers,

Justin

BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Hi @JustinJohnston  glad you found an answer to your question.

I would like to note that ArcGIS Collector is no longer supported and all the functionality has been moved to ArcGIS Field Maps, which i would suggest using. More information can be found below

Cheers

🙂
0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

Thanks Brenden,

I am able to use Field Maps in pretty much exactly the same way.  I still need to work on the workflow I am trying to sort out.  Maybe I need to change where I posted though since Collector isn’t supported, it might not have much visibility.

cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos