Collector Location Profile Issue

Jump to solution
10-14-2016 11:02 AM
JasonSladinski1
New Contributor II

I've been using Collector for several months and have a GNSS receiver that uses a RTK correction service that's in NAD 1983 2011 and my map/features are in NAD 1983 2011 and have a profile created for that.  Every time I open the map with that profile selected, I get kicked out and get an error that says the wrong location profile is being used.  I then switch to the Default profile, open the map and get the same error, but am able to close the error and the map stays.  I then go back to select my NAD 1983 profile and then everything is fine.  Is anyone else having a similar issue?  My map does use the Ersi Imagery Basemap, so I'm not sure if maybe that may cause an issue or if it's something else.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason,

The webmap coordinate system is based on basemap. If you are using Esri imagery as basemap, you should create location profile with WGS1984 Web Mercator (3857) as map coordinate system. 

-Morgan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason,

The webmap coordinate system is based on basemap. If you are using Esri imagery as basemap, you should create location profile with WGS1984 Web Mercator (3857) as map coordinate system. 

-Morgan

PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Old post and no one marked you answer,  I'll do.....

Anyway, you made my day.

0 Kudos
OrrinBabcock
New Contributor III

I have a similar question. I've created my location profile and am able to locate all my data collected on another device. I am unable to collect data with Collector correctly. I create a point and watch it get created 3 feet away from my location indicator and have to physically move 3 feet to "locate" the point I just created. I have no idea why my location profile allows me to accurately locate my data but doesn't allow me to collect accurately.

0 Kudos
MichaelGeorge1
New Contributor II

Was there ever a solution to this reply?

0 Kudos