Collector keeps crashing on IOS

05-22-2017 04:00 AM
RossGarland2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm running into problems when using Collector on IOS.  The app has started to crash and close down when in general use - there doesn't seem to be a common function that causes this.

I'm using the app to conduct inspections on watercourse assets and save pictures.

Does anyone have any idea why its crashing and is there anything I can do to stop it?

Cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ross,

What version of Collector are you on? Are you also on the latest version of iOS?

Is there a certain task you perform in Collector (make an edit, pan/zoom, create a point) where Collector will crash?

It is hard to say what specifically could cause Collector to crash. Are you using services from ArcGIS Server or services that you published directly to ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
makheshkumar
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I have a similiar issue with ArcCollector v10.4.2 - ios version 10.3.2

The Collector app started crashing since last week - used to work fine previously.

When we try to load the app in the mobile, the app tries to load and crashes - have to open several times to load the published maps - not sure on the root cause?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was there anything done to the service last week? Are you using services from ArcGIS Server or services published directly to ArcGIS Online/Portal?

Are the services secured? Are you opening an offline map or online map?

0 Kudos
makheshkumar
New Contributor
Hi Dan,
No changes/updates was done to the service - the only change was that we added the WMS service for Roads to the web map.
but tested removing the WMS services, still crashes.
Services published directly to ArcGIS Online - as well as the WMS service mentioned above(roads and cadastral)
The services are secured.
Online map.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Makhesh,

Does your data use a specific projection?

0 Kudos
makheshkumar
New Contributor

GDA94 - MGA Zone 56

0 Kudos