Collector for Windows fails to download

09-24-2019 10:15 AM
BlytheSpendlove2
New Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to download Collector on a Windows device that does not have access to the App store or Google Play. I went here http://appsforms.esri.com/products/download/index.cfm?fuseaction=download.main&downloadid=2084 and downloaded the Collector_for_ArcGIS_Windows_1801.exe file and tried to install it on my computer. Once the install was complete however, no app was created on my computer. Instead I have a folder named Collector_Windows with 46 files in it (see attached photo) where the application should be saved. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? I am hoping I can get this figured out before an internal client spends money on a Windows based mobile device.  We are using ArcGIS Enterprise, by the way.

Thanks,

Blythe Spendlove

Kylie DoniaDerek Law

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have access to the Windows Store? The primary way to get the app is there: Get Collector for ArcGIS - Microsoft Store 

Esri Education Team
BlytheSpendlove2
New Contributor III

I do not, it is a company managed device and the Windows Store is blocked.

0 Kudos
BlytheSpendlove
Occasional Contributor

As an update to this:
A co-worker was able to install Collector from the install file we got online, so I compared apps with her and figured out that my computer didn't know how to read the main install file. I am coming back to this after a couple months but I believe it was Nodejs that I had to install on my computer, in order to install Collector.

0 Kudos