Collector for ArcGIS Windows 10

01-27-2016 08:03 PM
ChrisPolley
New Contributor III

I justed published to ArcGIS Server an editable feature service. I logged into my portal for arcgis and created the map and saved, I then logged into Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10 via Portal, clicked on the map that has the editable feature service and my feature service does not load. Clicking on the layers error message and this is what it shows;

net_http_message_not_success_statuscode. For more information, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=623485

https://my.webadapter.com/arcgis/rest/......................................

This causes an issue with our company which I have 100 users for Collector via Apple devices (phones) which I'm needing to move to windows tablets.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

I assume the same webmap opens fine in Collector for iOS? Do you get prompted for credentials on iOS too? What version of ArcGIS server do you have? Is this an on Premise portal and what version is it ? What kind of authentication does the Portal have (IWA, Hosted...??)

Thanks

Carol

0 Kudos
ChrisPolley
New Contributor III

Yes in Collector for IOS everything works fine and I get prompted for authentication which also works fine.

This is a on premise portal and the version is 10.3 IWA , we are also running 10.3 for server .

Note: This all worked fine in BETA

Chris Polley

GIS Analyst III

Summit Natural Gas of Missouri

215 Gage Dr Suite G

Hollister, Mo 65672

cpolley@summitnaturalgas.com<mailto:cpolley@summitnaturalgas.com>

1-800-927-0787 – ext 659

1-417-926-8541 – cell

[DIGRITE]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

You mentioned in your email the following:

"The map loads it will ask for my authentication but after adding my authentication the sign in button remains grayed out"

When it prompts you for credentials if you are using your domain credentials to sign in you would have to enter it this way in the username field:  yourdomain\username, then enter your password. You'll see next to the word "Domain" below that it displays your domain name. You should then be able to select the sign in button and the layers should appear.

Let me know if you that is not the case.

Thanks

Carol

0 Kudos
ChrisPolley
New Contributor III

Carol here is a screen shot of Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10, notice I have a map that loaded and I was prompted for my credentials because of our secure layer. I tried what you mentioned but it doesn’t seem to work, for the record it did work in Beta perfectly.

0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the screenshot Chris.

The username should look like this domain\username. In your screenshot you are using a forward slash instead of the backslash.

ChrisPolley
New Contributor III

Lol

Chris Polley

GIS Analyst III

Summit Natural Gas

215 Gage Dr

Hollister, Mo 65672

O: 800-927-0787 ext 659

C: 417-926-8541

cpolley@summitnaturalgas.com<mailto:cpolley@summitnaturalgas.com>

0 Kudos
ChrisPolley
New Contributor III

Crazy it worked. Just need to know to figure out why my relatedtable is not showing now.

0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

Awesome,  glad you could move forward on this. I will take this issue back to our team and figure how best to improve this experience.

-Carol

JürgenAchilles
Occasional Contributor

Our users sign in to portal for arcgis using Collector on iOS with johnd and password. On Collector for android with JohnD@DOMAIN and password.

The solution that worked for @Chris Polley  on Collector for microsoft does not work for me. DOMAIN\JohnD and password.

0 Kudos