Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) sign in

12-18-2013 05:25 AM
HaywardKeats
New Contributor
Is the account I use for esri the same account I use to sign in to the Collector app? I tried that and it tells me that no such username exists. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
You can only sing into the collector app with an organizational or developer account.

You can't use the free ArcGIS online account.
0 Kudos
HaywardKeats
New Contributor
OK so I went to the esri site as you have noted in your reply, that was quick BTW thanks you. I want to keep my same username as I have on the esri site so I re-used it to establish a trial account but it comes back and tells me that username is already taken. Is there a problem using the same account for both Collector and my esri existing account.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
You are right, you need a new account name. Just add something on there. I for example used timw1984dev, as my developer account, while my free account is timw1984.

Also, your developer account will be permanent. If you are trying out a lot of stuff over more than 30 days, I would suggest go with that.
0 Kudos
HaywardKeats
New Contributor
Thanks timw1984, you have be very helpful.

So the development account is only for trial use of esri applications and the esri account is for support and forums. Is there a way of relating/combining the two accounts. Just asking for efficiency purposes only, too many accounts and far too many passwords.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
You can use your developer account to sign into the forum. Once you have setup your developer account, you can sign into the forum. The first time it will take you to a global account setup, once that is done you can use that account for everything.
0 Kudos