Collector for ArcGIS - Automatically Record Surveyor Name at Time of Survey

Jump to solution
10-16-2019 05:31 AM
PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to set up Collector for ArcGIS so that each person conducting the survey automatically has their name recorded as the surveyor. We'd like to use this as a way to make sure that some of our surveyors are not filling in for others if someone shirks their responsibilities.

In our case we have five surveyors. If surveyor A conducts a survey, then I would like the Collector form to automatically record surveyor A (or some sort of unique identifier) as the person doing the work. I initially thought that setting up Feature Layer Views might be the solution, but according to this document I'm unable to change Value Lists in Feature Layer Views: Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Is there some other workflow where I would be able to somehow set each of the surveyors up so that their names are automatically recorded when they conduct a survey? Would configuring ownership of multiple Feature Layers (one for each surveyor) somehow solve this?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

You can enable editor tracking:

Enable or disable editor tracking—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you are using an AGOL hosted feature service, and the service is already published:

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

You can enable editor tracking:

Enable or disable editor tracking—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you are using an AGOL hosted feature service, and the service is already published:

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

PaulMcCord
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jake, this was much simpler than I thought! I simply changed the settings as suggested from your second link.

0 Kudos