Collector Edits enabled, but prompted to collecct new feature instead.

02-26-2015 10:38 AM
lindseyharris1
New Contributor

Hello there--I am using Collector app in a canvass office. Editing is enabled and set to "Editors can edit feature attribute". The Pop up is configured and enabled. However, when I select a point feature in the app and click Edit, I am prompted to add a new feature instead of the edit window. Any advice or troubleshooting you could offer would be appreciate. Thank you.

Also, it seems that this issue is only relevant on iPads. When looking on an androi tablet, the error can not be replicated. We can't switch to android though, so making it work on the iPads is paramount.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
LucasCotner
New Contributor II

We have the Exact Same Issue! This is only a problem on iOS devices; you select a point feature but when you go to edit that feature, Collector ignores your selection and instructs you to add features. This issue never occurs on Android devices, and is incredibly hard to troubleshoot.

Since our application requires the Editing of data, this functionality is vital, and this Collector Error is becoming prohibitive to our entire process because it flares up so often. Any help or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You might be tapping the copy option by accident and that brings up collect option. If you tap on the edit text make sure that cell is grey and that should bring up the option to edit attributes.

I tested this on iOS 8 iPad Mini what device and version of iOS are you using?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
lindseyharris1
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion Russ, I double checked to ensure I was clicking on Edit and not Copy--I am definitely hitting Edit. I am also working on an iPad mini, v 8.1.3. I have tested the same web map on an Android device, and the edit button worked just fine (but the project I am working on can't switch from iOS to android).

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map with me and I can look into trying to reproduce it.

The account is: Collector4ArcGIS

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos