Select to view content in your preferred language

Collector Edits are stamped by "Esri_Anonymous"

02-11-2015 03:01 PM
HaniDraidi
Occasional Contributor II

I have a map document that contains a layer from a versioned Enterprise Geodatabase, I published it via ArcGIS Server (the service is synch-enabled), and added the resulted feature service to an ArcGIS Online map to be used by data collectors via the collector app in offline mode.

When a collector starts downloading this map on his device (in the collector app), a new version is created (Esri_Anonymous), and any edits made by this editor are stamped by this “Esri_Anonymous” in the editor-tracking fields!

This is shown with the screenshot below.

How can I make the collector app use the version used while publishing this map or the username of the collector for stamping the edits?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Hani

Clip_958.jpg

12 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

The login to a secure service works fine but it is an extra step, an extra log on for my users.  I would like the editor to be determined by AGOL.  Seems odd to have to log in to AGOL in Collector only to have to log in again to make edits in Collector which I have to do in order to avoid the anonymous editor.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you considered using Portal for ArcGIS? You won't get this extra log on if the server is federated.

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I don't know why I didn't reply to this before.  Up til now I haven't considered Portal.  However, with the advent of Pro, this may become something I look into since it sounds as if the licensing formula will eventually change to subscription based.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos