Collector domain values do not show up on Android devices, work fine on IOS

3558
14
07-13-2016 06:41 PM
Jonathanraine1
New Contributor II

Has anyone else had any issues with fields that use domains for drop downs not showing up in Android?  It seems to work fine with IOS, but the majority of our small field data collection devices are Android.

I looked at the JSON for the feature service, and all of the values seem to be there, but just don't work for the Android devices.  We have numerous other projects that work fine on Android, but just this one seems to give us grief.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
BenjaminLamb2
New Contributor

I am also having this issue. If I re-share the service off of the desktop, then the collector app will work. After a few hours it becomes unusable again.

0 Kudos
RobMundt1
New Contributor II

I too am having this issue and it needs to get fixed ASAP as all of our field collectors use Android devices.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd appreciate it if you can provide any additional context about these feature services.  If you all can provide answers to the following questions it would help us better understand the issue you're experiencing:

  • How were the services published (e.g. from ArcMap, Pro, copying an existing service)? 
  • Were they recently created?  If so, when? 
  • Are they on-premise or hosted feature services on ArcGIS Online? 

-Doug

0 Kudos
Guidovan_der_Kolk1
New Contributor II

Having the same issue here:

  • Service published from ArcMap to ArcGIS Online
  • Created today
  • Hosted on ArcGIS Online
  • Domain list contains about 500 records
  • Works fine on iPad, doesn't work on Android

We'll try it with one of our feature services that's hosted through ArcGIS Server later.

0 Kudos
Guidovan_der_Kolk1
New Contributor II

We've been working on de data a bit more and restructured the domains a bit more. What we made sure to do is have the code field be the same as the description field in the "table to domain" tool. After reuploading the featureset to ArcGIS Online we haven't had problems anymore.

screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
RobMundt1
New Contributor II

I did ours that way from the start and it doesn't work for us on Android.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-DRxeVtpWNJSC
New Contributor II

I am also having the same problem with Collector.  The features are hosted in ArcGIS Online and were created in June.  The iOS app and Geoforms are working fine so it is only an android issue.  I have tested it on a Nexus 7, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, and Galaxy S6.

Justin

0 Kudos
deleted-user-DRxeVtpWNJSC
New Contributor II

I just wanted to add, I installed the Beta of 10.4 for Android on my Nexus 7 and it also did not have the domains. 

0 Kudos
RobMundt1
New Contributor II

We're hoping this gets figured out soon, we've got a lot of folks that want to use it, and a lot of new Android tablets sitting idle...

0 Kudos