Collector crashes when adding new record w/Related Tables

Jump to solution
07-08-2016 12:00 PM
deleted-user-ya5VfkkOfE1F
New Contributor

While using an Samsung S5 w/Android, Collector will crash while trying to create a new record for a related table. You can edit and existing record but not create a new one. We have the latest version of Collector available 10.3.7. Collector doesn't crash when using an Apple S5. Does anybody have any suggestions for solving this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Do you use ownership based access? If so, that would be a known issue.

-Morgan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Do you use ownership based access? If so, that would be a known issue.

-Morgan

Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

Thank you, Morgan. Sure enough, in ArcGIS Server 10.4.1, I had "Enable ownership-based access control on features" turned on. I disabled this, saved and restarted the service and the problem went away. I was only seeing this problem in Collector iOS 17.0.1 build 1720, downloaded web map for offline use.

0 Kudos
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem using Collector in offline mode on an iPhone 5c. Whenever I try to add a new record for the related table, it crashes. No issues when it is online.

0 Kudos
WesleyLiddell1
New Contributor II

Has anyone identified a reason for this behaviour? We are experiencing the same issue on windows 10. Online all appears to work well but in an offline mode as soon as an attempt is made to add a new related record the app crashes. No error just closes instantly.

0 Kudos
JasonOrso
New Contributor II

I'm also have the issue.  We've downloaded an app to our iPads.  It immediately closes when we try to add a record to a table that is related to a point feature.

0 Kudos
wilcowart
New Contributor II

seeing the same behavior with iPhone 6s and iPad Air on Collector 18.0.1 

this map was created using a hosted Feature Layer in AGO and works like a charm when in online mode. when we download the map to a device, Collector crashes whenever we try to add, edit, or view a record from a related table

all the related tables were added to the map at the same time when the feature layer was added (so the URLs all match up) 

would love to be able to report this as fixed - any word from Esri?

has anyone found a workaround?

0 Kudos
JasonOrso
New Contributor II

Make sure the layer is not z enabled or check the box to collect GPS receiver unit data on the AGOL layer settings.

0 Kudos
wilcowart
New Contributor II

Jason Thanks for the response - could you please clarify?

we currently don't have any tracking layers in this map (I assume that's what you're referencing when you mention collecting "GPS receiver unit data") - is that required in order to use downloaded maps?

0 Kudos