Collector Crashes when Accessing Camera to Take Picture

08-15-2019 11:13 AM
SFM_WillBrewer
New Contributor III

The current version of Collector for Android will crash when the user accesses the device's camera to take a picture. The crash only happens when the camera is accessed from an offline maps, online works fine.  Pictures can be added from the photo library without incident, and other camera apps like "Open Camera" work fine when downloaded to the device. We are using brand new Samsung S4 Galaxy tablets. The issue only lies with the native camera app on the device.

14 Replies
LucyElliff
New Contributor II

Thanks Will, it seems to be more stable if I select 'just once' rather than 'always' for the camera app (camera mx) I have installed, not ideal but a work round now. I'd be interested to hear which Android software people having this problem are using, ours are Android 9 (One UI) updated from Android 7. Software update is due for release on this device in October so fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Z__NahideAydin1
New Contributor III

Thanks Lucy! You're right it works better, if you not set the Camera MX app as the default. I have been using Camera MX and actually bumped the resolution to 960x720 and took 5 photos at the same location several times and none them crashed. Instead of tapping Just Once I am just tapping Camera MX icon and it will go to Camera MX app directly.

Z__NahideAydin1
New Contributor III

Forgot to add our specs:

Android devices specs:

Samsung SM-T390

Android version 9

One UI version 1.1

Kernel version 3.18.91

Collector version 18.0.03 build 1033

LucyElliff
New Contributor II

The spec is the same as ours, thanks I just wanted to try and confirm it was Android 9 causing the problem rather than the hardware. 

0 Kudos
EdgarNavarrette
New Contributor III

Thanks Will!  Did a system update this weekend on Samsung Tab4 and camera started crashing Collector.  Added 'Open Camera' and it is working. multiple pics no problem. The other 'camera' app started working too. Android 9

0 Kudos