Collector - Can you add other attachments like PDF or active URL hyperlink field?

06-10-2015 10:02 PM
GrantCrosswell
New Contributor III

We have an application where by we would like to :

1. view/add pdf attachments from the related attachments to a feature.  Collector works for jpg images but does not work if the required attachment is a PDF.
  2. while connected edit/view URL hyperlinks in a layer field.  Android and iOS do not directly recognise a field as a hyperlink attribute is this set some where?  Otherwise the operator has to copy the value and paste into a browser.

This would allow us to have staff in the field be able to collect and view other information documents while capturing information in the field.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NickSkinner
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am attempting to add a PDF attachment in Collector.  I can easily add photos and can open a PDF that was attached from ArcGIS online and desktop, but can't add one on the tablet.

0 Kudos
GrantCrosswell
New Contributor III

No we haven't solved this.  It would seem to be an ESRI restriction on the type of documents that can be accessed on the device.  I've logged an idea at:

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E0000000Cyep#sthash.gdsdH6dv

0 Kudos
GregoryMcMahon1
New Contributor II

Was anything ever done on this since??

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

YES!  I need to attach csv files for my project bad.  I see no reason not to open it up.

0 Kudos