Collector Aurora cascading drop down selections?

09-10-2018 03:54 AM
Roquinn
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if the new version of Collector Aurora will allow for cascading drop down selections?

Ryan O'Quinn
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

> Does anyone know if the new version of Collector Aurora will allow for cascading drop down selections?

This functionality is not available in the Collector for ArcGIS 18.1.0 (iOS) release, but is a good enhancement suggestion. Please post this on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Collector so we can assess interest from the user community.

FYI, there are plans to enable more "smart form" functionality in Collector, such as conditional display - and we're in the process of trying to prioritize functionality.

EDIT: You could add a comment to this idea, https://community.esri.com/ideas/9131 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek Law, what's the current status on this?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Josh,

Support for smart form functionality in Collector is on the immediate development roadmap and being worked on by the Dev team. I'd estimate that we'll have some news to share sometime in Q1/Q2 2020 timeframe.

Hope this helps,

RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek Law,

I don't suppose there is any update with regards to this?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Josh,

> ... any update with regards to this?

Sorry, I don't have an update. When I mentioned "... we'll have some news to share sometime in Q1/Q2 2020 timeframe", I was referring to the ArcGIS Field Apps - Road Ahead tech session that was going to be presented at the Esri 2020 Dev Summit (which was canceled).

However, I suggest you watch the Collector for ArcGIS Dev Summit tech session(s) to learn more about this forthcoming functionality. I know the tech session video was recorded and will be posted shortly on YouTube. Please check this playlist for when the session will be posted (should be in the next week):

Esri 2020 Developer Summit Tech Sessions - YouTube 

Hope this helps,