Collector App Signing out automatically

12-07-2016 06:04 AM
RandyHansford
New Contributor II

I use Collector for my field guys, they download their data via portal while in the office via vpn for offline use, never fails when they go out in the field, they are sent to the main login screen for Collector and since they usually don't have cell signal they can't log on to collector which in essence means they can't use their offline content, is there a way to set Collector to not log out? My field guys aren't always the most technology savy guys in the world so if there is an easy fix someone knows about please let me know.

19 Replies
TaraPreston
New Contributor III

We are also wondering if there has been a solution to this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DouglasLynne
New Contributor

Is there a solution for this problem yet?  It has begun happening with our setup on an ipad within the last 6 months.  Or am I just having problems finding the thread with the solution?  Thanks for any help or feedback.

NilsBabel1
Occasional Contributor

I've had this problem periodically over the years.  Seems to have cropped up again more frequently this season.  My field crew is very frustrated.  Same issues as mentioned above.  The crews are miles away from cell service when they are logged out and essentially can't do their work.  We are building a new collector map for a wider audience of data collectors.  But with this issue they will just get frustrated and not use it.  Since this thread is about 4 years old it seems esri really needs to step in and address this issue.  collector issues collectorforarcgis arcgisonline Rui Ge

TimothyJones
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue.  Any word on a fix or a work around??? This is a BIG PROBLEM!!!  #collector issues#collectorforarcgis‌  Thanks.

0 Kudos
SharonFitzpatrick
New Contributor II

We are experiencing this issue too - its extremely frustrating for field staff - the idea of offline is to use in poor coverage/no coverage areas but pointless if you have to login via internet connection. Very frustrating to see this is ongoing for 4 years with no resolution.

0 Kudos
JanaKošábková
New Contributor

Hi there. We're experiencing similar issue, but while working online in the field. Interesting thing is that it's happening only with Collector app but not Quick capture (it's still logged on while collector keeps singning users out). They are very frustrated about it because they don't remember their credentials so than they simply don't use it. 

We are using applications within ArcGIS Enterprise and using users integrated in portal (not from SAML).

Isn't there any solution for this problem? It's always causing us problems. 

@Anonymous User @JohnathanHasthorpe @IsmaelChivite 

JanePatel2
New Contributor

Have field staff experiencing this issue... just brought to our attention but it would be cool if there was a solution.

0 Kudos
DanMcCoy1
New Contributor III

I wonder if Field Maps is any better in the regard?  I'm guessing Collector won't have any new development to improve this 😞

0 Kudos
FayGlunt
New Contributor III

Has the root cause of this issue been found?  Is there a way to keep this from happening?  My field users are having this in Workforce Classic and Survey123 also on iPad Pros.

0 Kudos
cullenjoel
New Contributor

Is there a solution to this? I realise that collector is practically obsolete now but this issue was present from 2016??. I am have issues with collector crashing and logging me out when I open and use the android camera app. Similarly to other's, I am well outside of network coverage when this happens and it is now unfeasible to use this software in the field.

Cheers

Joel

0 Kudos