05-08-2017 11:51 AM
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

Environment:

• ArcGIS Server Enterprise Standard 10.4.1
  • SQL Server Standard 2012
  • Collector 10.4.2 Android
  • Web map hosted on AGOL

Accessing the map and taking it offline initially works just fine; existing features in the FS appear in the offline map as well. Able to navigate & collect just fine. When I sync, the process runs, error but nothing is pushed up. If I make edits elsewhere (using the FS OR editing directly in desktop), no changes are pulled down either. No errors in the server logs. I tried connected via WiFi as well as (4G LTE) Cellular and still nothing syncs.

No attachments or related tables. Editor tracking enabled and two fields have domains.

I'm at a loss as to where to start diagnosing this problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AdamCommeford
New Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the info, I have confirmed that all the capabilities are enabled. I am not sure why there is no error, but prior to this offline edits without attachments would sync correctly, but now no edits show in the DB. Appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
AdamCommeford
New Contributor III

Experiencing almost the exact same issue. At one point only offline edits without attachments would work, now no offline edits will sync at all. Can make edits at desktop and webmap without issue. Replicas are successfully being created. No error message after/during sync. Sync completes but edits do not make it back to the Enterprise Geodatabase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
AdamCommeford
New Contributor III

After working with the ESRI Support Team and hours of troubleshooting, I was able to get the offline edit to sync by granting "Data Editor" privileges to the user account. The user accounts were created in Oracle, so specific permissions had to be granted in the backend in order to allow offline editing and syncing.

Arcmap should not allow the user to publish the feature service with sync capabilities if the account does not have "Data Editor" privileges, however it does. This requirement is not documented in the collector documentation.

Ensure the user account has read/write/data editor permissions and all offline editing and syncing should function correctly.  

Privileges for geodatabases in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ChristopherStrong
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is helpful, but I had the same issue, and after digging through forums and re-reading the documentation, I realized that my issue was because edits were being made and synced, but stored in a newly created version - and therefore not immediately apparent in my dataset that was viewed in ArcMap or ArcGIS Online.  The Prepare Data for Offline Use article does state this, but it was a little buried, and didn't get noticed the first run through.  To see services and features updated, I had to reconcile and post the newly created version to our production version, and we will need to create a process that does this nightly.  It's a silly thing to miss, but a crucial thing to understand in order to complete the sync process with production data. (Check out this documentation to for more information on this process).  

Hopefully this helps anyone else who is a little lost!