Collector App for Android - Latest Edition July 2014

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 06:06 AM
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Lets hope I have this in the correct place this time, my second go on the new discussion groups.

My colleagues and I have android devices updated with the latest release of Collector for ArcGIS, and we have an issue...

Offline content symbology has changed from that of the published webmap, the symbols get replaced with numbers and exclamation marks - online mode works fine once you sync and remove from the device .(as far as I can tell)  See attachments

Any heads up on how to rectify or work around the issue would be great, we have guys in the field using it and its impossible to see the 'markers' at present.

thanks in advance

Paulg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Could you share your map and service to a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into that group and I can take a look at it. You can also try re-saving the renderers in the web map by changing the symbol size by 1 px, save that change by clicking on Save Layer in the web map on the layer and then resave the map and in the Collector app refresh the map gallery and download the map.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Could you share your map and service to a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into that group and I can take a look at it. You can also try re-saving the renderers in the web map by changing the symbol size by 1 px, save that change by clicking on Save Layer in the web map on the layer and then resave the map and in the Collector app refresh the map gallery and download the map.

Russ

0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

Thanks Russell, 

appreciate the response ...  Paul Barker had the same response - I tried it
and its perfect now.  One thing I would say however is the symbols should scale
when zoomed in better - when you zoom in on a symbol that looks good on a webmap
its way to small in collector..  Hope this makes sense....

again thanks for taking the time to respond .....

Paulg

0 Kudos