Collector adds points to to map but fails to load Gnss receiver data including lat long

02-12-2020 04:27 PM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Yesterday we were collecting point features with three android devices using Collector beta acquiring GPS info from two SX Blue receivers and one Arrow 100 receiver. Out of approximately 300 points a score or so of the points failed to load all of the receiver data (EsriGNSS_XX) fields. In some cases the receiver name and lat/long were present but nothing else. In 9 points nothing was collected but the points appeared on the map, nowhere near close to where they should be but did add the image attachment. I have to assume that the beta lost its connection partially to the receiver app and only allowed a limited syncing of information. 

Also to note that the beta app would arbitrarily close and need to be reopened.

In all of the points the Collector app verified that the minimum accuracy had been obtained.

Has anyone had anything similar happen with the Collector beta app?

Another note worth mentioning is that in the later part of the day attempting to clean up errors/issues I reverted to using the Arrow 100 and iOS tablet with the latest version of Collector. Four of thirty points experience similar issues but not to the scale of the Android beta app. In the iOS interface, most EsriGNSS fields were populated but the Receiver Name field had the correct receiver SN but failed to name it as in most cases. Typically it states Arrow 100... and in these cases it just stated EOS device.

All feature collection was performed with disconnected editing of downloaded map area.

Never in the years of using Collector have I seen anything like this happen.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean-YvesLauture
New Contributor III

Dear Ron, 

Would it be possible to fill-out the support contact form on our website?

Eos Technical Support Request for Arrow GNSS Receiver Support 

Info that we would need are:

1) What version number of Android Collector beta are you using?

2) Confirm that for both iOS and Android you were completely in disconnected environment (we would have to run a similar test in house by simulating disconnected environment). Are you facing the same issue in connected environment?

3) One of our technicians would invite you to a test map and see if you are facing the same problem. We could also run a vice-versa of this test where you could invite us to your map. 

The above would be good starting steps to diagnose the problems you are facing. 

Waiting to hear from you. 

Best Regards, 

Jean-Yves 

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

So our worst experience was with the Android Collector beta and the SXBlue units. I can complete the support form for the minor errors we received using the Android-Arrow 100 but they were not substantial enough to cause re-collection of the points. 

I think I will just hold off with support until I can verify it happening again.

Currently our workflows will be changed to just using iOS exclusively for the Collector interface. At least that way we can rule out one factor - the Android Collector beta.

Thank you for your response!

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLauture
New Contributor III

Our technical team is doing testing now with the Android beta. In connected, so far so good. They are continuing today and tomorrow in disconnected. Issue might be with syncing. 

Stay tuned. 

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLauture
New Contributor III

We ran the test in "disconnected" on Collector Android beta with full GNSS metadata from our Arrow receivers and could not duplicate the problem that you are facing. 

At one point in time, please do not hesitate to reach out so the Eos technical team can try to debug with you. 

JY

RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Jean-Yves,

First and foremost, thank you for running a investigative workflow. I am now more concerned with the Android devices and unfortunately, the staff interface.

We will keep you posted on our progress, or the lack thereof.

Thanks again!