Collector 20.2 for Android Tablet Missing Decimal Point

Jump to solution
06-25-2020 11:35 AM
NickNuebel
New Contributor II

When entering values into double or single type fields in Collector 20.2 for Android, the keyboard doesn't have the decimal point. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 running Collector 20.2.  

The fields support the values-- you can paste in periods from the clipboard-- but that's not a real solution. What gives?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a limitation of the default keyboard provided on some Android devices.  You can install a 3rd party keyboard like GBoard and set it as the default keyboard for the device. which will display the decimal button for these fields during entry.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a limitation of the default keyboard provided on some Android devices.  You can install a 3rd party keyboard like GBoard and set it as the default keyboard for the device. which will display the decimal button for these fields during entry.

TravisNaibert
New Contributor II

Thank you for the workaround. I will try it. I am still confused why the decimal point is available on the exact same android devices while using Classic Collector.

0 Kudos
NickNuebel
New Contributor II

Thanks, Doug. Installing GBoard and setting it as the default keyboard worked for me-- though, candidly, I'm not super excited that Collector requires a workaround for something as basic as data entry. 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI there is a bug logged (BUG-000131801) for this through Tech Support. I encourage you to contact them and get yourself attached so we can effectively gauge how many are impacted by this. 

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
NickNuebel
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tip. I've done so. 

0 Kudos