Collector 10.3.4 for iOS is deleting already downloaded maps?

Jump to solution
10-13-2015 04:44 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In our organization, downloaded maps are being deleted from a device when a iOS device downloads the 10.3.4 update from the app store, android devices don't seem to be having any issues but this is a serious concern because of data being lost from phones still running 10.3.3 that might auto update.  Is esri aware of this and is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

All,

Version 10.3.5 was approved this afternoon and is now available for download in the Apple App Store. Our deepest apologies for this regression.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

I have just had this same problem. I just lost an entire days worth of data collection, as well as all my downloaded maps. I have not had this issue with previous updates. I am curious to know what the response is from the Esri staff.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Cody and James,

We apologize for inconveniences this have caused you. We are aware of this issue and have submitted an update to Apple’s App Store today that addresses this issue and are trying to expedite the approval process.

For those who have updated to 10.3.4, but have not yet launched the app, we recommend waiting for the update to avoid losing any edits on the device. Or you can copy the data from your device, however you need to do this before launching the app.

In the meantime, please ensure that automatic download of app updates are turned off on your device.

Thanks

-Miaogeng

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the information,

Will it be posted when the fix is available from the app store, we are currently advising our 50 plus users collecting data not to use the app because we don't know which devices were set for auto update and which were not.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I will definitely update the post here as soon as it is approved by Apple. 

ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Cody,

There is a knowledgebase article covering this bug as well as our response to it. The kb article can be found here. In addition to Miaogeng's update, the knowledgebase article will be updated to reflect when Apple has approved Collector for ArcGIS on iOS 10.3.5. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Scott

JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

All,

Version 10.3.5 was approved this afternoon and is now available for download in the Apple App Store. Our deepest apologies for this regression.

Thanks,

Jeff

PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jeff, I had a quick look at 10.3.5 and it wasn't clear whether the photo compression had been added in this version.  Can you give any guidance on this issue?

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

10.3.5 is only a patch-up for 10.3.4, they moved the photo compression to 10.3.6

see

Collector for ArcGIS v10.3.4 is out | ArcGIS Blog

0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

Ok must have read and older post. Thanks.

0 Kudos