Collector 10.1.11 and attachments not visible?

03-07-2013 12:51 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
We've got a hosted feature service on arcgis.com with attachments and people are collecting in Mobile and Collector and we're not seeing the attachments in 10.1.11.   I can go to the web app on arcgis.com and see them.  They are listed on Collector and you can "download" them but you can't view them.  I can share the map and app if you want to see them.

This is on both iOS (5.1) and Android HTC (4.0).

Nice to be able to login to arcgis.com.

But I must be doing something wrong with sharing with arcgis.com.   We've got a web map created by one user that's shared to the entire organisation.  How come I can't see that with another user in that organisation in Collector?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you invite mobileios to a group and I will check out the map.. If you can center the map on a feature that repros this issue that would be great.

The second issue you listed: Is there a editable point feature service present in the map? This is required to make the map "Collector" ready and the user should see it in their content once they login. Please share this one with me as well and I can take a look.

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
I've invited mobileios to the group.

The second problem is not a bug, more being a bit of newb to arcgis.   If one user has a working (in Collector) map in their collection how can they share it so every user in an organisation has it in their Collector list?   I'm sharing the map with the Organisation.
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

The second problem is not a bug, more being a bit of newb to arcgis.   If one user has a working (in Collector) map in their collection how can they share it so every user in an organisation has it in their Collector list?   I'm sharing the map with the Organisation.

In ArcGIS.com, if you have shared the map with the organization, you can share the map with a group and then any member in that group will be able to see the map.

When you first open Collector, you're presented with "All Maps". This includes all of the maps from your user account plus any that have been shared with the organization you are a part of.  You can narrow this down by searching, or you can click on the upper left on the Collector icon and left slidebar opens, showing the groups. 

If the map you are looking for isn't there, the reason could be that it's not compatible with Collector.  Only webmaps that are compatible will show as available.

Hope this helps!

-Chris
0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Thanks for that.

It seems from the wording that if you shared the map with the organisation then it would be available to the organisation.  But I'm still getting to understand the massive role Groups have.

Thanks.

Peter.
0 Kudos