Collect New button not visiable on my Lucid

08-26-2013 08:10 AM
TomEarhart
New Contributor
I downloaded the app on Friday, then tried to start collecting and the "collect new" button was not visible on my phone.  I tried several times this weekend and still, no button.  I doubled checked my phones specifications to make sure it was in line with the apps req'd specs and it seems as there should be no problem.

Has anyone else had this issue or any issues with missing "buttons"?  Or is there any admins/mods that can assist me with this problem?  Or a POC I can contact?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you try the sample maps under try it now and see if the collect button shows up. Can you take a screen grab and post it in this thread so I can see what tools are loading.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
RosemaryMosher
New Contributor II
I am having the same problem with the Android app on both a new Samsung S4 and a new Samsung Tab2 tablet.   The Collect New icon appears and the application works fine on an iPhone. Although, I have noticed the missing icon occasionally when I load a map onto my iPhone, the icon will appear if I exit and then reload the map.  I've tried deleting the application cache on the Android devices, in an effort to reload the map, but with no luck. 

We have an older collection map that works fine on both the iPhone and Android.  The map I'm having a problem with is something I've been working on over the past few days, and have had to rebuild a couple of times, changing the fields, etc. 

Any help would be most appreciated!! 

-Rosemary
0 Kudos
OliviaWattson
New Contributor
Can't understand, haven't heard that ever. So possibly don't have any solutions. Well if you get one then do share your experience with the forum members.
0 Kudos
PaulBarker
Esri Contributor
What type of render are you using in the map and are you using scale dependancies ?
0 Kudos
KCLove
by
New Contributor
I am also having this problem, but on my iPhone 4s (iOS 6). Just downloaded the app last week just opened today.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you take a screen grab of the map you are trying to use in the Collector app and post it on this thread?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KCLove
by
New Contributor
Sure, I have attached a screenshot. Is there some setting I haven't turned on?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are there any point features in the map? The current version of Collector only supports point features for editing. In our upcoming update we will have full support of lines and polygons & gps streaming.
0 Kudos
KCLove
by
New Contributor
That would explain it. Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos