Carlson BRx6+ Connection to Collector

Jump to solution
04-05-2019 07:47 AM
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

One of the organization I support recently purchased a Carlson BRx6+ unit. I am unable to connect android or windows to the collector app. Although the support team list it as a tested device on android and windows (GPS receiver support—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS ). Has anyone else solved this workflow? I am not finding any information searching those key phrases. I have worked with a Trimble R1 unit on iOS and Android, and have successfully setup Collector Classic on each with that external GNSS. At this point Collector is on the tablet that ships with the unit(Windows 10), but it returns a common error when trying to connect within Collector to the external antenna.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeroenHarbers
New Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

Here is a link to connect the Carlson Brx6 with the Collector app from Esri. This works only in android and windows.

BRX6 with the Collector App 

If you have questions let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeroenHarbers
New Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

Here is a link to connect the Carlson Brx6 with the Collector app from Esri. This works only in android and windows.

BRX6 with the Collector App 

If you have questions let me know.

0 Kudos
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

I was able to get connected in Collector, but when I open and use the BRx6 it only provides accuracy up to 10 inches (0.83 ft). While accuracy using Carlson SurvPC the Hrms shows accuracy of 1/2 an inch (0.05 ft). I looked at the documentation on high accuracy external devices, and the NMEA section of this page, Prepare for high-accuracy data collection—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, suggested to also activate: GSV, RMC, VTG. I did so at 1Ghz, but I am uncertain if that is too many formats to push across a single band.

Are there any other workflows to get Collector's accuracy to match the level of accuracy found in the SurvPC?

0 Kudos
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

Jeroen,

Thanks for the PDF. I was able to get it connected to the BRx6+ via bluetooth in Collector. However, the accuracy was not dropping below 3.5 ft with the unit. We have not purchased RTK or other license for local corrections yet. Could this be the reason we are not seeing higher accuracy with the BRX6+?

0 Kudos