Can you have multiple offline areas in collector for arcgis?

Jump to solution
06-21-2021 10:58 AM
bculbertson
New Contributor II

I have several users, who collect mobile field data on a daily basis and I am often asked, "Can you have multiple offline areas in collector for arcgis?"

I have yet to find an answer to this question and in testing the process myself, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot have more than one offline area on your device, however, others state that you can (or at least they have in the past?)

Can someone clear this up for me? Can you have multiple offline areas in collector?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I found it.

After you add the first one, open the list of areas. at the top right you can add a second one.

You can also use the new Add Offline areas setting in the webmap to premake the areas.  Then the user gets a list to download from.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Collector Classic - No, only one offline area per map.

Collector for ArcGIS - yes

Field Maps - yes

I would recommend switching to field maps if possible, since ESRI is retiring collector eventually.

0 Kudos
bculbertson
New Contributor II

I have been using both Collector for ArcGIS and Field Maps and have had the same results; an inability to have more than one offline area per map.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Are you having an error in particular? I frequently have up to 16 offline areas in field maps.

ArcGIS Field Maps: Offline Capabilities - Map Areas - YouTube

Take web maps offline—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

0 Kudos
bculbertson
New Contributor II

There are no errors. Perhaps I should clarify what I am attempting to do. I would like to download more than one offline area per map.

I figured out where I was going wrong. I download an offline area, and needed to back out from the area back to the map card. In the upper right hand corner of the card, there are ellipsis. I needed to tap those ellipsis to access the dialog to download another offline area. See images for more.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I found it.

After you add the first one, open the list of areas. at the top right you can add a second one.

You can also use the new Add Offline areas setting in the webmap to premake the areas.  Then the user gets a list to download from.

Hope that helps