Can't view related tables in offline mode (Android device)...

07-07-2015 12:34 PM
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

I've developed a Collector application with one (1:M) related table associated with one feature class. Viewing and adding related records works flawlessly on both Android and iOS devices when I'm connected to wi-fi. However, when working in offline mode (disconnected editing) I cannot view existing related records for features, nor can I view newly added related records on my Android device (I have no problem accessing existing or newly added records on my iOS device.)

I receive the following error message on my Android device when attempting to view a feature's related records:Screenshot_2015-07-07-14-20-57.png

For the record, the error is not specific to this app; I receive the same message on my Android device when accessing other apps I've created that also have related tables.

Both my Android and iOS device have Collector version 10.3.1, build 1013 installed.

Anyone else running into this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Jacqueline,

Where is your data hosted? Is it an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service or a feature service from ArcGIS for Server? If ArcGIS for Server, what version are you using, what DBMS are you using, and what version is your geodatabase at?

-Scott

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply! The data for this app is hosted on a 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server. We're using a Postgres SDE DBMS, which runs postgres 9.0.3 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Jacqueline,

It may be helpful to see what is happening over the network when this issue comes up on Android while on wifi or when trying to download your data for disconnected editing. Could you set up Fiddler as a proxy as outlined in this blog:

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2011/12/06/configuring-fiddler-to-capture-web-traffic-from-...

The settings will be accessed differently on an Android device, but the concept should work in the same way. Once we can view the traffic through Fiddler, we might get a better idea of what is going on. Additionally, can you bump the logging on the ArcGIS for Server up to DEBUG level? While downloading data in Collector for disconnected editing, this can sometimes shed a little more light on what is happening from the server's perspective.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try this in the next couple of days and will post the results back here.

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

Hello Jacqueline,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reproduced this issue with a sample dataset, PostgreSQL 9.3.5 @ geodatabase version 10.3.1 and ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1. Therefore I have submitted the following software defect to be reviewed by our development team:

[BUG-000091183: Collector for Android 10.3.3 cannot view related records or sync once related records have been added when working offline from a feature service referencing data in a PostgreSQL 9.3.5 or below database and returns "Unable to retrieve information, please check connection".]

I was also able to reproduce this behavior when the source data was either archive enabled or versioned, and unfortunately was not able to isolate any workarounds. In further investigation of the createReplica request and conversion and validation of the .geodatabase file, this fault was seen to be specific to the Collector application.

JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

Thank you for looking into this and for submitting a bug about it.

I look forward to a bug fix in an upcoming release of the software.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline

0 Kudos