Can't view layer in Collector

Jump to solution
01-20-2015 12:39 PM
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor

My layer is getting to the map in collector but i cannot check it on to show it.

Using an editable feature service based in arcgis server

I can edit in arcmap and AGOL map.

but when i share public and view the map in the collector app (android) i dont see any of my editable features only basemap.

when i click on the layers list i do see it in there but it is unchecked and i cannot check it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor

I think i figured it out. When i was adding the layer to the map in AGOL i was not going all the way down to the index of the layer, just to the featureserver url. When i drilled down to a layered index now i can see the data.

But before it was showing the layers, which is a little odd.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

-Are you using a fully qualified URL for the feature service like http://myservice.esri.com/arcgis/rest/services/name/FeatureServer

-Is the service accessible on the network that the device is on? You can check this by trying to go to the above URL for the service on the devices browser.

Russ

0 Kudos
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor

that was what i thought initially. i had referenced the layer when i created the map with a local machine name. But i changed it to a publicly accessible url and i am able to get to the rest service endpoint on the phone with a browser.

Still not getting that layer though.

0 Kudos
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor

I think i figured it out. When i was adding the layer to the map in AGOL i was not going all the way down to the index of the layer, just to the featureserver url. When i drilled down to a layered index now i can see the data.

But before it was showing the layers, which is a little odd.

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Can you explain it a bit further @Kevin Gooss? What do you mean by "drilled down to a layered index"?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Megan, when you view the feature service URL at REST, then you can see the separate layers. The indexed layers can be viewer separately by appending "/0" at the end of the rest service URL up to the amount of layers in the service.

You can see here that there are three layers in this service:

911CallsHotspot (MapServer) 

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

So I should add the layer with the "/0 etc"?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is correct.

0 Kudos
gishelpdesk1
New Contributor

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I have created a feature class in an enterprise geodatabase, enabled feature access, ticked on create, delete, query, sync and update on a non versioned feature class, added the feature class lever rest end point, shared internally and to the correct group, as well as configuring the pop up. I can edit in my web map and see the layer in the collector map but cannot tick the layer on. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mark - Did you check if you have the same issue as the original poster? When you add the feature class to the web map, are you using the service URL with the layer's index ("/0" or "/1" etc for the particular layer)?

If you have already made sure of that, could you clarify for me a bit: 
- When you say you can edit in the web map, do you mean using Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?
- When you say you can see the layer in the collector map but not tick the layer on, do you mean you can see it in the layers list (although not in the map) but that its visibility is turned off and can't be turned on?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos