Can't get versioned data to sync in Collector

03-05-2015 03:30 PM
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure that I understand the workflow. A version is created in my db every time someone takes a map offline. Do I need a routine to then reconcile and post all of these versions that are created thereafter? What happens if I delete these versions? The administrative panel on my gdb is growing with versions of dbs every day because of people taking maps offline.

Either way, it's not working for us. Every time we sync, we get no errors, it just still reports that you need to sync, with the number of edits still awaiting sync there in the mobile application. Nothing is coming across the wire.

I'm sure this new edit versioned features functions, but it's not working in my sde db. Every enterprise is different. So I guess I'll switch back to the archived route. It's much cleaner than managing the potential of creating multiple transactional versions between field maps, and users.

Message was edited by: Alex Mahrou

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Alex,

You might want to set version per user instead of version per download. We have some help docs available:

Version workflow:

Offline maps and versioned data—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

Automate the routine of reconcile/post:

Automate reconcile and post operations for sync-enabled data—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Regarding to your sync error, are you using Collector 10.3 with a 10.3 server?

0 Kudos
LinnWeng
New Contributor III

Miaogeng,

It sounds like for the versioning to work it needs to be using Collector 10.3 with a 10.3 server?  Can the data type be in sdebinary or it needs to be geometry?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

For the first question, you are right. I don't understand your second question. Could you explain more?

0 Kudos
LinnWeng
New Contributor III

Actually, I was referring to a non-versioned feature class with SDEBINARY storage which doesn't take the SDEBINARY storage.  So, a migration to GEOMETRY storage type is needed.  I guess with the versioned feature class that is not the case?

0 Kudos
JessicaThompson
New Contributor III

Can I use versioned data offline?

Yes, you can view versioned data offline if you use ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server. To edit versioned data offline, use 10.3.1 or a later release of ArcGIS for Serverand a 10.3 or later release of enterprise geodatabase.

FAQs—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

We are using 10.3 Server, 10.3 ArcMap, Newest release of Collector...

I created the service through ArcMap - Put it into a WebMap on AGOL with the rest service...

We currently have someone with the map downloaded to their Samsung Note 5 - 13 points were collected and won't sync back...

What can I do to get those to sync? Do we need ArcServer 10.3.1 or 10.4 (since now available) for this to work properly?

Is there a best management practices page somewhere that I can go to for Offline editing?

Thanks,

Jessica

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Are there global IDs?

Is the feature class archived? It seems like "Enable archiving" isn't still performed. You may need to enable archiving to take data offline.

Document link:

Tutorial: Configure feature service data for offline use—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
JessicaThompson
New Contributor III

Yes, we have Global IDs

We are not archived.... I thought it said I can't use sync function when archiving is turned on...

We have everything offline... we just can't get what was collected to sync back up to AGOL.

How do I get those points to sync?

0 Kudos
JessicaThompson
New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I am unfortunately still stuck.. I have removed versioning in order to enable archiving... which allowed the points created to sync from the Collector (offline)

But... without versioning, we can't complete our backend sql statement to automatically update certain fields within the feature class...

Therefore, I disabled archiving, so I could enable versioning once again... but when I tried to enable archiving, I was faced with this error:

Thoughts?

Why does archiving have to be enabled in order to sync...

Thanks!

Jessica

0 Kudos