Can't add points in Collector for Android

02-19-2013 01:45 PM
AFalk
by
New Contributor
After some serious frustration, I finally figured out how to enable editing of existing points in a feature service. . . however, I cannot convince collector to allow me to add new points.  I consistently get the error "no collectable layers visible," no matter which layers I have visible (including: blank "map notes," other blank editable feature, and the feature service that I can edit). The feature service is currently set to allow editors to "add, edit, or delete" features.  I have tried both with and without enabling sync.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you share the map you are using?
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
PaulBarker
Esri Contributor
Are you able to share the link to the map to barker_mobile so that I can take a look.
0 Kudos
AFalk
by
New Contributor
Unfortunately, I can't easily share maps, as publishing outside the organization is controlled by a central administrator.  I can, however, describe how I created it.

I exported several polygons and one set of points as shapefiles from ArcGIS 10.0 Sp4.
I zipped the shapefiles.
I added the polygons directly into the map.
I added 2 blank "editable" layers directly into the map.

Adding the points directly into the map didn't work, so I added them to "my content," and created a feature service.
I changed the settings of the feature service so that  editors can "add, edit, or delete" features.
I added the feature service to the map, and ensured it was listed as editable.

This resulted in a map that can be viewed on collector, and the points are editable.  I confirmed that changes made on the device are reflected in the arcgisonline map (and visa versa) However, as I mentioned before, when I attempt to add a new point using collector on Android, I get the error message "no collectable layers are visible."  I have tried changing the "sync" settings to no avail (although I didn't really expect that to matter).

I hope this helps you help me!
0 Kudos
AFalk
by
New Contributor
I updated to the most recent version of Collector for Android, and this doesn't seem to solve the problem either . . . Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III
Can you share the map with a group and send me an invite to it, if the map is not public?
0 Kudos
AFalk
by
New Contributor
Can you share the map with a group and send me an invite to it, if the map is not public?

I have sent you an invitation to the group "AQ Map test."
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III
I wasn't able to see the layer, since it looks like you have it secured.  Can you look at the REST endpoint for the layer (0) and under Types, what do you see?  Does it say "Drawing Tool: esriFeatureEditToolPoint", or "Drawing Tool: esriFeatureEditToolNone"?
0 Kudos
AFalk
by
New Contributor
There are a list of "Types," one for each symbol type (I believe).  All of them list "Drawing Tool: esriFeatureEditToolNone."  However, under "Templets", "Drawing Tool: esriFeatureEditToolPoint" is listed.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using a ArcGIS Subscription hosted feature service or ArcGIS Server feature service? from there we can walkthrough your issues and see what is going on. If you can share your map with me I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos