Can see and edit hosted feature layers in a web map. Collector app opens but hosted features unable to load. Thoughts?

03-24-2016 03:29 PM
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I am publishing features from our server.   The feature service seems to be successfully created (screenshots below.)  I am able to create web map with full editing capabilities.  The web map functions fine.  When I open collector I can see the web map, but all hosted features say "Layer Not Loaded".  I added non-hosted layers to the same map and these features work in collector. I have redone the process but I get the same results.  Any ideas would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately no, I am unable to share my because of internal security restrictions.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Try using the browser in your mobile device running Collector. Open ArcGIS Online map viewer, can you load the layer in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

Thank you guys for helping me troubleshoot this.  It turns out the issue was that the server was configured so that the feature layers were being blocked outside the network.  I could see the layers on my desktop because I am hooked into the network but not on collector because my ipad is outside the network.  The server has been reconfigured and it is working now.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

That's good to know, thanks for the update.

0 Kudos