Branching/ multiple selections

06-02-2014 11:44 AM
MeganPerry1
New Contributor III
Hello,
I have a few questions. I need to know if it is possible to select multiple domains with in a single field.  Also is it possible to have branching with in a database.  I want to be able to select a state and have only the cities for that state show up in the domain.  Finally is it possible to have an auto generated number show up in a field on the collector application. 

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
-The geodatabase cannot concatenate together multiple domains for one field. A field will only be able to point to one domain at a time.

- You could do some level of branching with setting up the state as a subtype value on the feature class in the database and then have the city field point to that states cities domain.

-The auto-generating a number incrementally is not supported today but it is something we are thinking about for creating in a smarter popup experience. What exactly would you be using this for.

Hope this helps
Russ
0 Kudos
MeganPerry1
New Contributor III
Hi Russ,

I need to auto generate a number for a house id.  We are able to do it with a field calculator, but I didn't know if it was possible to do in collector.
0 Kudos