Blackberry Phones and Collector for ArcGIS?

05-19-2016 04:36 AM
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

Hello,

I only have access to Blackberry phones and Dell Tablets. I want my non-GIS coworkers to collect data using Collector for ArcGIS. Can I use Blackberry phones without side loading android apps? Can I use Dell tablets? Can GPS be enabled on the Dell Tablets? Or can I sinc the Trimble units to the Dell Tablets? Any help please?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

A true blackberry (like the Passport) no... but blackberry came out with the Priv Android version ​which presumably yes

JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

Thank you I will check...we have restrictions on what we can download on the blackberry phones.

0 Kudos
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

We have Z30 Blackberry phones

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Z30 specs suggest the real BB operating system and not android

JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

We downloaded the Collector for ArcGIS App from Amazon. Seems to be working fine. Thanks for the advice and information!

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

If your tablets can run Windows 10 then you should be able to install Colllector through the Windows Store.

JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

Can I navigate to a point and collect data using tablets? They have Windows 10. Thanks

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

It's a newer piece of software than the iOS and Android versions, but it lets you do the same things including point (and line and polygon) data capture.

Collector for ArcGIS – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store

0 Kudos
Kevin_chelton
New Contributor

We are running ArcGIS on a Gov’t Network and We want to start using ArcGIS Collector with our Gov’t iPhone/iPad and for our security we connect using a Blackberry Server which has our Certificates loaded to them.  When connecting with the “BB Access web browser” I can access the site as my login information are loaded to the BB Server.   What is the process to get Collector to communicate to our Enterprise portal server?

0 Kudos