Are the Arcade FeatureSet functions supported in Collector?

Jump to solution
03-01-2019 11:39 AM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

I have created Arcade expressions that display pop-up data from a related table using FeatureSets.  They work in ArcGIS Online but not in Collector.  Does Collector (the new iOS version) support FeatureSets?

Kevin
36 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comments in this thread, both good and snarky.

We have a lot of exciting new development coming with data collection, Forms, Arcade, and Attribute Rules. Some good news is that FeatureSets have made their way into the released version of ArcGIS Runtime 100.8 so we can start to build against them now. We are also working on a new feature form or "smart form" that introduces grouping, conditional visibility (using Arcade expressions), proper setting of required fields and much more. We'll be kicking off a beta program of this new forms capability later in the summer. We'll be announcing the first phase of the beta program in a couple of weeks.

Attribute rules are also important in our future - they need to execute on the client. There is some additional plumbing to be done to fully support both of these though (both in Hosted Feature Services and Runtime).

I'd love to know what workflows you are trying to solve. It will help us in prioritizing some of the work. Can you comment? 

RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Jeff,

Thanks for this update! I think first and foremost we would like to see featuresetby functioning in collector.

My specific use case:

We have sites where multiple types of inspections take place via survey123. It would be nice to use featuresetby to status each of these inspections in the popup for each site.

0 Kudos
DaveThompson101
New Contributor III

Thanks Jeff.  This is great news.  

We are trying to pass attributes to Survey123 that are derived based on a spatial intersect in a webmap.  I can do this perfectly from the desktop, but I need to be able to do this from Collector to S123 in the field, offline. 

1. User creates inspection point in Collector.
  2. Point automatically picks up attributes from polygon features it intersects.  
  3. Those attributes then passed to S123 as user launches and starts survey.

Thank you.  Very much looking forward to this functionality.  

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My use case is checking to see if all 12 forms have been filled out at a location.  I have relationship classes that ties them all together.  I can check for 0 counts or even look for a pattern of 1-2-3.  For now it only works in the browser.

I could also do some of this using the built in relationship pop values but those do not work either.  I have posted about this issue several times over the last year or so.

Then what I would really love is if they all worked offline without having the sync 123 to Collector but that would require the new 123 API prob.  We would like them to get a message before they leave the sample site since, once they leave, it is too late.  True app integration is the next step I think.  Imagine loading a TPK once and using it in all Esri apps (vs having the same TPK on there 3 times).

Access to the relationship classes in Arcade would also be nice.  The only reason i really need FeatureSet in the first place is to simulate a relationship class lookup with a query.  I think relationships classes are a great part of Arc products but it seems to get very little support.

Thanks for looking at it.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Checking in again on this one.  We have a large project waiting on it.  Thanks!

BrandonMarshall1
New Contributor II

Any further updates on this? We are trying to pass values from a 1:M editable related table in Collector to populate answers within Survey123. From all the searching I've done, using an Arcade FeatureSet function seems to be the only way to do it.

RobertLiveanu
New Contributor II

dan becker

"Downfall is that you can't take the map offline in Collector  So close..."

I've been trying to figure out for the past few hours how to bring my map offline. My web map contains layers with fields having attribute expressions that use FeatureSetByName. Is this the reason I haven't been able to figure out? Does Collector work online only in this case?

0 Kudos
CodyBiondi
New Contributor III

Anyone still having this issue? I followed these steps https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2018/12/10/overlapping-features-i... executed perfectly, works great on web map, but doesn't load in collector. Is this a ticket I need to make? arcade collector

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Collector team told me that no new features will be added to Collector now.  They are going to put all the time into Field Maps.  The first version of Field Maps is supposed to have FeatureSet in it.  But I did some of the beta testing in early adopter and it still does not seem to work.  Supposed to release some today or tomorrow so maybe then.

I will update when I get something working.  The relationship attributes still seem to not work also, no work on that one.

I really wish they would have got at least FeatureSet in Collector that was due by Dec 2019.  I am nervous to move to Field Maps by May since it is still beta.  We just changed from Classic to Collector this year so hard to change again.  

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Note FeatureSet is now working in Field Maps.

0 Kudos