Are attribute expressions supported in Collector?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 11:37 AM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcGIS Online, under Configure Popups, you can create attribute expressions using Arcade.  You can then add the expression to the list of attributes in the popup.  However, I don't see it when accessing the map in Collector.  Does Collector support the use of Arcade expressions?

Kevin
Tags (1)
26 Replies
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

I hope they look at it for you.  I added the Collector4ArcGIS but they never looked at my map  

Interestingly the Arcade expressions also don't show in Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Fingers crossed for both of us!

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Naomi Begg I'm sorry! I missed the notification that a map was shared. I will take a look now. Are you still using Collector 19.0.1, or have you updated to 19.1.0?

Mike Slattery‌ I will take a look at yours, too.

Esri Education Team
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for taking the time Kylie Donia!  Grateful for any clues.  Here is an image to help find those fields in the Trees layer popup.

( Also if it matters, the map is sync enabled.   I've read that this will prevent arcade use for calculated fields, wasn't sure if collector follows that path rather than the one that allows for these on the web map. )

Showing the DBH and Max DBH in the popup derived from the Events table

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike -- Your `Max DBH` field is using FeatureSets in the Arcade. Unfortunately, those aren't supported in Collector yet! Once they are supported in the ArcGIS Runtime, Colletor will update and support them as well.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for that detail. Does the built in relationship value have the same problem? Thanks again for taking the time!

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you are correct. The fields that are based on a relationship that you can include in pop-ups aren't supported in Collector yet. It is on the roadmap, but I don't have a date or release for when you might see it.

Esri Education Team
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Naomi Begg‌ it looks like the invitation to the group is no longer valid for Collector4ArcGIS. If you'd still like me to take a look, please resend the invitation to the group and let me know.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

OK, I did see the Collector4ArcGIS user in the URI Testing group – I removed that and re-invited. That group is one of the selected groups for sharing the map. Thank you! There is a ‘collect’ user as well but not sure who that is.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Mike, I did see your maps and layer -- it is Naomi's that I'm unable to access.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos