ArcGIS Online max zoom-in level

Jump to solution
09-23-2014 11:21 PM
SheikhHafiz
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have prepare some maps in ArcGIS Online to use in Collector for various data collection purpose. Both in ArcGIS-Online and in Collector (IOS device) I can not zoom in after certain level. I think it is limited by the zoom level of the base map used in the map. I need to zoom in my feature services beyond the zoom level set for base map. Is there any way to zoom in more? I am not worrying about base map if they are not visible after certain level but I really need to zoom in to view my features under feature services. Any suggestion please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SheikhHafiz
New Contributor II

I have found couple of solutions:

1. I have created my own base map (tile package) for the area and replaced it with ESRI Base map. That allowed me to zoom to the level what I set during my tile package creation. The process is written here:

43247 - Set a custom scale range for a tile service in ArcGIS Online

The main problem in this process is area coverage can not be bigger. Then you would end up creating gigs of file size which is difficult to upload. I created separate base maps for small areas.

2. I found some free web services made available by state government to use as base map to ArcGIS Online. I have taken one of that and replaced the ESRI base map with it. This option is working better for me as I do not need to create separate basemap for different area any more. One is working for whole state. The web service I am using is here:

Access LPI Web Services - Land and Property Information

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SheikhHafiz
New Contributor II

I have found couple of solutions:

1. I have created my own base map (tile package) for the area and replaced it with ESRI Base map. That allowed me to zoom to the level what I set during my tile package creation. The process is written here:

43247 - Set a custom scale range for a tile service in ArcGIS Online

The main problem in this process is area coverage can not be bigger. Then you would end up creating gigs of file size which is difficult to upload. I created separate base maps for small areas.

2. I found some free web services made available by state government to use as base map to ArcGIS Online. I have taken one of that and replaced the ESRI base map with it. This option is working better for me as I do not need to create separate basemap for different area any more. One is working for whole state. The web service I am using is here:

Access LPI Web Services - Land and Property Information

0 Kudos