ArcGIS Enterprise, Collector: unable to download offline maps in iOS and Android

Jump to solution
01-31-2019 02:08 PM
ByronTsang1
New Contributor II

I have a newly-created map in our ArcGIS Enterprise Portal, which has been enabled for offline use with Collector for ArcGIS. I am able to view and edit these in Collector while connected, but I am unable to download these maps for offline use in either the android or the iOS version of the apps.

In response to suggestions in other posts, I downloaded new, fresh copies of the app on both operating systems just in case. However the problem still persists.

in the iOS version before updating, the app threw a "credential required" alert but would not accept my ArcGIS Enterprise login (see image 1). After updating, it simply says "download failed" (see image 2).

Meanwhile, in Android, the error is more informative, indicating an invalid token was used (see image 3).

Finally, I have double-checked to confirm that indeed, the map itself has been authorized for offline mode on ArcGIS Online (picture 4).

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ByronTsang1
New Contributor II

Welp, it turns out I was barking up the wrong tree. The problem was ultimately about licensing of base maps for offline use. The default ESRI base maps aren't available for download at our company, bur our ArcGIS Enterprise portal has a dedicated set of offline maps to use instead.

In the end, I think this was more about a lack of documentation on our end, and not a software problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ByronTsang1
New Contributor II

Welp, it turns out I was barking up the wrong tree. The problem was ultimately about licensing of base maps for offline use. The default ESRI base maps aren't available for download at our company, bur our ArcGIS Enterprise portal has a dedicated set of offline maps to use instead.

In the end, I think this was more about a lack of documentation on our end, and not a software problem.

0 Kudos