ArcGIS Collector

07-07-2020 09:00 AM
TimothySmothers2
New Contributor II

Good Morning GeoNET Community - I am attempting to build a Weed Inspection Collection map for our rural county Weed Inspection program.  We wish to use the Collector Product, and I've built a feature layer (using the Polygon layer) and have adapted it to be almost useful in our Inspectors environment.  My question is, can the user leverage a secondary feature layer in Collector to obtain information about the underlying ownership of the geography they just collected an invasive weed boundary.  Our inspectors have a requirement to not only map the boundary of the area of concern, but then to also understand the ownership (via our cadastral layers) under the area of concern.  I have used the ArcGIS Pro to build and share a map that has all the necessary pop-ups and information for both the Inspection Boundary plus the Parcel (cadastral) theme - I've pushed the theme up to ArcGISOnline into the appropriate group and can see the layers, but cannot access any of the feature attributes for the parcel layers in Collector.

I guess the basic question is:  Does Collector allow for an identify across multiple layers with the map - whether it be online or disconnected.

Am I missing something....be nice.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have the cadastral data as a hosted feature layer? If you add it to the web map, you should be able to access the pop-up information in Collector just by clicking on the feature. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
TimothySmothers2
New Contributor II

I'm pushing it through ArcGIS Pro - so it is hosted on ArcGISOnline.  I've been retired for 2.5 years and am new to the ArcGIS Pro product, but am I impressed!  I built the map in Pro to set all the pop-ups and labeling that I wish to use in Collector for the shared product, but in Collector I see all the information regarding the collection feature but nothing else.  It seems I am missing a piece, but I can't find a switch in collector to turn on other layers or enable a dive through layers (like an Identify button or Explore Button in pro).

Thank you for the quick response!

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm, I'm definitely a visual person, so here are some screenshots to make sure we're on the same page and I'm understanding correctly...

Here is an offline area for a map within Collector. As you can see, when I tapped the parcel outline, the attribute information appears in the left hand column. The parcel data is a Hosted Feature Layer within ArcGIS Online. 

If I click the plus sign in the lower right corner, I can collect a data point within a point feature layer (hosted feature layer) I created for the map. The only attribute for this layer is a Notes field, which appears on the bottom of the screen for me to fill out when I collect the point. 

To view the table of contents and turn layers on and off, just click the ToC icon at the top of the screen in Collector 

Does that help?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
TimothySmothers2
New Contributor II

I republished the map via Pro and now am seeing the attributes - I suspect, my first publishing was done incorrectly, not allowing for the viewing....I'll continue testing, it does seem to honor the Pro setup in the 'explore' response.  Thanks for the reply Katherine!

Have a great day and stay safe....

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad you got it working!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos