ArcGIS Collector with ArcGIS Portal webmap failing on attachments

06-26-2019 11:50 PM
Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have a web map that has been created on ArcGIS Portal. Our Portal is federated. The feature layer (service) and web map have all the required settings based on the documentation of ArcGIS Collector app. When logged in to the ArcGIS Collector app on iPhone (iOS), we can see the webmap and collect points, the problem is we can't attach pictures. When we take a picture, the following error occurs: "Update Failed: 1 attachment could not be sent". 

We are using the Classic Collector app, however, I also tried downloading the new version, the same error occurs .

I've tried to simulate the same workflow over Blue Stacks (android) Collector on PC, and everything seems to be working and attachments uploading to the web map. 

I also have tried my ArcGIS Online account with another web map where I tried to attach a photo using my iPhone and Collector app, it also worked perfectly without giving me any errors. 

However, we must get it to work on ArcGIS Portal for my team, as we don't have access to additional ArcGIS Online user accounts right now, and probably, there should be no issue like this working wherever...

Anyone had this problem or has any idea what could have gone wrong?

Attached you will find an error screenshot from iPhone, and also what the ArcGIS Server Manager puts as a Warning when we try to attach a photo. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

We had the same issue; everything was working on Collector Classic for Android but iOS was throwing the exact same error. We were running Enterprise 10.6.1. There is a known issue which is "BUG-000116972 : Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) fails to submit photo attachments to hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1."

We applied the patch which can be found here https://support.esri.com/en/download/7679 and the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello @Peter King . Thanks you very much for your response. We tried to download this patch and install hoping for the best. However, it still didn't fix our problem  . 

We sent a query to our ESRI distributor, hopefully they find the fix. 

Anyways if anyone else had a similar issue, I'm still waiting for any comments you might share!

0 Kudos
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

Also, you need to ensure that you follow the install steps or the patch will not work:

"For pre-existing services, an update must be made to the service configuration in order for the fix to kick in. One way to do this is to disable and then re-enable editing and save via the Enable editing checkbox on the feature layer's item page in Enterprise."

Good luck.

0 Kudos