ArcGIS Collector "Collect New" order

12-18-2015 06:28 AM
GeneOlig
New Contributor III

I have seen a few threads regarding the subject issue, and wanted to post a solution that I recently found.

1. Open the ArcGIS Online map in your web browser and click "Edit".
  2. Click the "Manage" button.
  3. Under "Manage New Features", select the drop-down arrow next to each layer and either "Move up" or "Move down" to reorder the layer.
  4. Click "Save Changes" and then save the map.

pic1.png

pic2.png

Before:

Screenshot_2015-12-18-08-25-48.png

After:

Screenshot_2015-12-18-08-29-30.png

6 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You finding is correct. We fix BUG-000086811 (The layer order is not maintained when editing in Collector for ArcGIS) during recent release. You can find what other issues are fixed at Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

MatthewTwietmeyer
New Contributor III

This was fixed for Android. When will IOS have BUG-000086811 fixed?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

This is also fixed in iOS Collector recent release. There is no BUG associated with it.

MatthewTwietmeyer
New Contributor III

Just to be clear, this is bug is associated with a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online or Portal?

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

“Collect New" order of Collector should match the layer order of webmap from either ArcGIS Online or Portal.

MatthewTwietmeyer
New Contributor III

So my Layer list order on my feature layer is correct in my web map. It is correct in the legend of the feature layer in Portal 10.3.1. I know that these read a different part of the feature service json from ArcGIS Server. My Edit- Add Features list is still wrong in Portal 10.3.1 and in Collector 10.3.6 it is still wrong in Collect a New Feature for this new version 10.3.6. I have been waiting for this to be resolved, but it might have to wait till next year. I have seen that the "Types" section of the feature service json is not in the order created in ArcMap when publishing. This "types" section is the layer list that portal/collector reads when going to create new features. I have heard that 10.4 is fixing this issue in Q12016 from the source which is when publishing a feature service that this is put in the correct order like in ArcMap or the next update of Collector will read the other part of the feature service with the right layer order.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos