ArcGIS Collector download error with specific feature service

05-03-2018 09:26 AM
StewardshipStaff
New Contributor II
We use a single hosted feature service to collect information about a variety of our permanently protected Preserves. The feature service consists of a polygon layer (Preserve boundaries) with related points (photos, concerns, weeds) and related tables (monitoring report, action report). All was working more or less ok until one of the point layers stopped symbolizing in ArcGIS online. It is still visible in desktop or when downloaded in a Collector map on a tablet.
Technical support staff tells me I need to re-publish the layer. I download the layer, make a few improvements while I am at it, and re-publish. The newly published version of the former hosted feature service works well online.
But it won't download to Collector - I receive two different error messages (but mostly the second one), described here:
I am at a loss. I have 30 volunteers plus myself who regularly collect information using this hosted feature service and we are at a standstill until I can get the feature service to download and to be visible online for review. Since the post above, I have copied the file geodatabase and re-published, but run into the same issue.
Does anyone have suggestions?
Thank you so much,
~ Carrie
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

Hi Stewardship Staff‌,

maybe you can give us a hand, we are facing a Collector (same version as yours - version 18.0.1, build 1031) error message when we try to download a service map we have published in AGOL (coming from our geodatabase in arcgis server 10.4.1 in SQL Server (2012)). We use arcgis desktop 10.4.1.

The message doesn't have the same title as yours and does not mention replica but maybe in terms of the nature of the issue the error could have the same origin.

The message reported:

"Map Download Failed.

The operation couldn't be completed. Error while writing layer info in SqLite geodatabase."

This haven't happened before with previous versions of Collector for the same kind of service map and arcgis desktop and server 10.4.1.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
EduardoAbreu-Freire
New Contributor III

OK the reason for the issue was due to archiving status of some items inside the geodatabase.

0 Kudos