ArcGIS Collector auto-populate long/lat, length, acres

01-23-2015 11:43 AM
BobWheeler
Occasional Contributor

Trying to figure out how to configure features so that Collector will auto-populate columns such as Longitude/Latitude (points) and Acres for polygons.  I need end users to be able to pull this information back up without my having to post-populate these columns.

Tags (1)
17 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Siona -- Are you using the new Collector on iOS or Android?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the new Collector on iOS. But eventually I would like the process to work on both iOS and Android. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

This is working in Collector on iOS today (and coming to Android in a later beta release). I just tried it by making a point layer with the ESRIGNSS_LATITUDE and ESRIGNSS_LONGITUDE fields, and when I used the GPS in Collector to add a point, it recorded Lat/Long into those fields. Siona Roberts‌ can you make sure you are using the GPS when you collect (and not panning the map and clicking "Update point")? If you are, please make sure the fields in your layer match the required names shown here.

Esri Education Team
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I retried this, making sure I had location accuracy and it worked perfectly in both the old version of Collector and the new version. Thank you! 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Only works in Aurora builds but you can use Arcade to calc the lat long.  I have also done distance in a 123 form.  Have not done area yet.

var originShift = 2.0 * PI * 6378137.0 / 2.0;
var lon = (Geometry($feature).x / originShift) * 180.0;
var lat = (Geometry($feature).y / originShift) * 180.0;

lat = 180.0 / PI * (2.0 * Atan( Exp( lat * PI / 180.0)) - PI / 2.0);

return lon + "  " + lat;
CraigCrowe
New Contributor II

I have the Auto-populate of Lats and Longs working, but it only populates in Decimal Degree, is there any way of showing the results in the fields in Degree, decimal minutes?

0 Kudos
ILIAMARTASHVILI
New Contributor

It records only when working with GPS. Is it possible to record the coordinates without using GPS, for example when moving a point to another location on the map?

EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

I agree with your ask. I have a team of drone pilots who either complete their flight location documentation with Field Maps before they arrive to the site OR at the site. The GPS solution obviously only works if they are already at the site location. The inability to auto calculate the Lat/Long from WGS84 basemaps when adding a point prevents our pilots from pre-planning the flight at the office. All must be done in the field.