Arccollector No permission to sync

Jump to solution
10-31-2019 06:09 PM
JenSchmidt
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have been able so successfully sync until last week with my Android devise.  I have check to see that cellular and wifi are used for syncing.  I also have check my Online ESRI account o made sure I can sync.  I also have tried refreshing Collector and restarting the phone.  I am running Version 18.0.3, build 1033.  ArcCollector Error 

I am not sure how to get my data points off my phone. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenSchmidt
New Contributor II

So I found a solution.  What I had to do was plug my phone into a computer.  Go and find the folder for ArcCollector and there was a folder in there called offline or something like that.  I opened it up an saw another folder that included my user name in the folder name.  Copied that to my computer as to get it off the unstable phone.  Then looked in those folders and found files with .geodatabase as the extension name.  Then opened up ArcMap and used the tool called "Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase" and saved this to a folder on my computer.  This created a new geodatabase with a feature class of my data.  I had to do this for several of the files in the folder to make sure I retrieved all of my data.  A bit of a pain, but at least I got my data off the phone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonKeller
New Contributor II

I have ran into this problem before. What has worked for me would be to go to the switch account menu, click on "Add new ArcGIS account", and add the same account that is already on the tablet.  I believe this method re-generates the security token. 

0 Kudos
JenSchmidt
New Contributor II

Thanks Brandon.  I tried that but have the same sync error.  I am wondering if I remove the account and then add it will I lose all the un-synced points?

0 Kudos
BrandonKeller
New Contributor II

I believe you would lose the data when you remove the account.  Here is the method to get the data off the phone when you can not sync: How To: Access offline edits from Collector for ArcGIS directly from an Android or iOS device.

0 Kudos
PovilasRinkūnas
New Contributor

From my experience, you can relog to Collector and refresh login without losing data. The data you collected is in a mobile geodatabase that is in your phone. 

0 Kudos
JenSchmidt
New Contributor II

So I found a solution.  What I had to do was plug my phone into a computer.  Go and find the folder for ArcCollector and there was a folder in there called offline or something like that.  I opened it up an saw another folder that included my user name in the folder name.  Copied that to my computer as to get it off the unstable phone.  Then looked in those folders and found files with .geodatabase as the extension name.  Then opened up ArcMap and used the tool called "Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase" and saved this to a folder on my computer.  This created a new geodatabase with a feature class of my data.  I had to do this for several of the files in the folder to make sure I retrieved all of my data.  A bit of a pain, but at least I got my data off the phone!

0 Kudos