Anyone else having a problem with downloading offline maps all of a sudden?

Jump to solution
06-26-2019 01:15 PM
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

All of a sudden we are unable to download basemaps for offline data collection. The error states a mismatch in data type. It is occurring across all projects we conduct. Does anyone know what is happening? We are using "Classic" on our iPads.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ethan Duke

Sorry for late reply. Was busy to get a fix for this issue. The update of ArcGIS Online with this fix is just released. I tried the map you shared and it looks good to me. Can you try and see if it works for you? Thank you for sharing the map. It helps us to narrow down the issue. 

View solution in original post

31 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Tried with some Esri basemap and doesn't see the issue. What basemap do you try to download? 

0 Kudos
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Just the standard Imagery with labels. Interesting how it is failing on projects using different feature services and there has been no change on our end.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't think it is due to imagery with labels basemap. It downloads fine. 

Can you share your map to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it?  It could help us determine if it is service specific.

EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Hi Miaogeng,

There is the map and associated feature services in the this group https://arcg.is/0yzu48 .

You've been invited.

Ethan

0 Kudos
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Any luck with this, yet? These same feature services were working fine in new version of collector, but now a layer won't load when defining a new area. So basically, both versions of that app won't function offline. They will function realtime. We hadn't changed anything on our end.

This is the error for the separate issue:

Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error

Code: 20

Description: No data

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ethan Duke

Sorry for late reply. Was busy to get a fix for this issue. The update of ArcGIS Online with this fix is just released. I tried the map you shared and it looks good to me. Can you try and see if it works for you? Thank you for sharing the map. It helps us to narrow down the issue. 

MilesThompson
New Contributor III

My maps downloaded just now in Collector Classic. Made some edits off line, and was able to sync edits back to AGOL. Still cannot download offline areas on the new Collector (but thimaybe be a separate issue?). 

0 Kudos
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Hi Miaogeng,

Both versions are working for me. Thanks! Now I need to contact tech support and let them know of the issue and the fix.

Ethan

UtilityAdmin
New Contributor II

Hello Ethan, 

I'm also facing the same problems. I tried on ios and it fails. Same with Android.

Did you find a solution? If yes, Can you please share?

0 Kudos