Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL maps not showing in Collector App

10-11-2013 01:29 PM
KenMcDonald
New Contributor II
Okay, so I have spent the last few days trying to figure out why the Collector App, will not load any of the maps that are stored in
AGOL. I have confirmed that all the files are created correctly as per every piece of documentation posted on the entire internet.

Therefore I have come the conclusion that the App is buggy in some form. YES, I'm using a Point only, editable feature service and
they all worked a few months back when I first tested the Collector App.

There are a few posts on this forum that refer to my conclusion because they have resorted to either re installing the App,
changing account passwords and/or changing ownership to the feature service.

I also administer another AGOL account in which they are using the Collector App without a problem. Nothing has been added, changed or manipulated for at least 5 months. I created the editable point feature services the same way I do currently. In other words, I have not done anything to this particular account, and the Collector App works fine.

So...I now ask, is it possible that someone can give me a step by step fix for the real issue or even a conformation of the issue and
a fix is in the works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ken McDonald
Tags (2)
30 Replies
MollyWatson1
Occasional Contributor

I made some progress today in resolving my issue. I created a feature layer view of my feature layer. I then made a new AGOL map and added the feature layer view. This new map now shows up in Collector. While not ideal, this works. It is odd to me that the online map that is generated by the Workforce app. does not work in Collector - even though I have the integration settings configured and an editable layer. I tried replacing my feature layer with the feature layer view in my Workforce worker map. The Workforce worker map still doesn't show up in Collector. I don't think there's a way for me to change the source of the Workforce worker map to the new Collector map in the Workforce app. It only lets me configure the existing map. So I will have to maintain 3 online maps instead of 2.